Primary, 2nd to 6th Year
Our team of teachers, is above all, consolidated, dynamic, vocational and dedicated. At Logos International you will find teachers with vast experience and who are in constant training.
This evident dedication makes the student-teacher relationships dynamic and close. All in an environment of values among which stand out respect, solidarity, tolerance and personal responsibility.
The commitment to maintain a number of no more than 20 students per class favours knowledge and communication.
During the Primary stage, the teaching at the Logos School is bilingual in English and Spanish. Language immersion has proven to be the most effective and natural way of learning. Our bilingual programme was implanted in this Centre in 1984, which makes us pioneers in this aspect.
The organization of time and space is fundamental in a project of this type. (We dedicate more hours to English teaching than those required by the official school calendar).
In Primary Education two classrooms are allocated for pupils, one for Spanish subjects, another for English subjects. We believe that the immediate environment that surrounds our pupils should be separate for both languages, creating the necessary atmosphere in both classrooms. For this reason, it is the pupils who change classroom and teacher after morning sessions which helps them to become aware of the language they are working in.
Learning rhythms and educational needs of each individual pupil are respected, while offering open activities of progressive difficulty. We favour learning among equals, discovering and sharing our own learning strategies and promoting cooperative work.
Through these techniques, differentiated areas are taught. In Primary Education the areas of Spanish Language, Mathematics and Religion are taught in Spanish, while the Natural and Social Sciences, Computer Science, English Language, Arts and Crafts, Drama and Physical Education are taught in English.
Pupils at this stage can sit for Cambridge University external exams of Starters, Movers, Flyers and KET at Logos itself, as we are an official centre for these exams.
Educate in English, essential element for life and work in a global world.
Different techniques and formulas are combined depending on the age of pupils. Learning has a significant base with multiple resources, both human and material (visual, auditory and manipulative).
The classrooms have the most modern resources of the educational landscape: computers, iPads, digital whiteboards… where both external programme content and specific applications for the corresponding course are displayed.
Subjects taught at this stage are:
|Spanish Language||Social Science|
|Religion and Civic Values||English Language|
Tutoring is one of the basic pillars on which our methodology is based.
- Coordinate the relationships between teachers and pupils.
- Favour group integration, interests and activities.
- Guide pupils in the process of intellectual growth and development while controlling academic performance.
- Dedicate special attention to their own personal and professional guidance as tutors.
- Maintain direct contact with families to inform parents about the academic situation of their child, and together with them, seek the best solutions to personal and academic problems.
- Weekly conversation practices in English, with a maximum of 10 students per group.
- Weekly practices in science laboratories.
- Practices in the computer technology laboratory.
- Audio-visual Workshops, Theatre, Painting and Music.
- Promotion of reading and free or directed writing.
- Artistic Expression from an early age.
- Weekly work with iPad devices in the classrooms.