When regarding the change from Nursery School to Logos International School, the necessity that children should have their own playground, classrooms and dining-room environment in both 1st and 2nd grade of primary school has been taken into account. Establishing these privileged areas within the school’s grounds helps young pupils to adapt to this new stage in a calm, steady and balanced way in accordance to personal development.
The step to primary school is an extension of learnings and the projects worked on at Logos Nursery Campus, where in a climate of values that emphasize respect, solidarity, tolerance and personal responsibility.
Student-teacher-family communication continues to be dynamic and close. You will find a team of consolidated, dynamic teachers with extensive experience and vocational spirit.
El Ruedo: un edificio exclusivo que facilita la adpatación “al cole de mayores” de nuestros recién graduados en Infantil.
Through all primary stages, teaching at the Logos School is bilingual in English and Spanish. Language immersion has proven to be the most effective and natural way of learning. The bilingual programme was implanted in Logos School in 1984, so we can be considered pioneers in this aspect.
- In primary school, pupils have the same English and Spanish teachers for two consecutive years. We believe that this experience enables us:
– To obtain the best from our students.
– To get to know them very well and establish bonds of trust between family and school.
– To detect quickly and efficiently any special measures they may need to be taken.
- A qualified ICT teacher is responsible for the teaching of Computer Science in English, using iPads in the classroom with 1st grade primary pupils and the ICT Laboratory in 2nd grade.
- All elementary school children have their English and Spanish classroom. 1st and 2nd primary also have their own arts classroom. Physical Education, Artistic and Dramatic Expression are very important pillars of Integral Formation at Logos and this can always be seen reflected in our way of teaching.
- English conversation classes weekly with native assistant teachers.
- Assimilation through “ gamelogy “and applications to learn both in English and Spanish through iPad weekly.
- We firmly believe in the formation of values, where teachers listen and talk to the students from 1st grade onwards. Children are taught to value and respect themselves, as well as their peers and teachers and the world around them.
El aprendizaje tiene una base significativa con múltiples recursos, tanto humanos como materiales.
Logos International School could be defined as a traditionally- modern school that aims to be in continuous evolution and committed to the world around us. Teachers are constantly trained and new ways of working in classrooms are implemented based on the actual circumstances and reality of our students.
The classrooms have the most modern resources on the educational landscape, computers, i-pads, digital whiteboards in which both external programme content and specific applications for the corresponding course are displayed.
The methodology we use is CLIL (Integrated Learning of Content and Foreign Language) which is combined with active, varied and flexible methodologies that are based on “learning by doing”, always agreed upon in department meetings. This method aims to familiarize children with each one of the different activities, and so, in this way, enabling the development of the key competences of the curriculum throughout elementary school and thus maximize learning by intelligences.
The subjects taught follow the following table:
|Spanish language||English language|
|Religion/Social and civic values||Social Sciences|
Tutoring is one of the basic pillars on which the centre’s methodology is based.
- They coordinate the relationships between teachers and students.
- They favour the integration, interests and activities of the group.
- They guide students in their process of intellectual growth and maturation and control their academic performance.
- They devote special attention to the personal and professional guidance of their tutors
- In direct contact with families, they inform parents about the situation of their children and seek, together with them, the best solutions to personal and academic problems.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.